This new tinted moisturizer from NARS is so much more than just a tinted moisturizer. With the name Pure Radiant Tinted Moiturizer SPF30/PA+++, you already know it is. In my opinion, it is the first French BB cream that comes in a beautiful range of forgiving shades, that has me looking more alive than I have in months.
Seriously, the first time I wore NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer I had been running on less than four of sleeps. Battling a nasty cold, my skin was sallow and lackluster, to say the least. In running a few errands that day, I had 3 compliments on my skin and was told by a few more people how "great" I looked. Friends, this spoke the world of this new tinted moisturizer. It really was as good as I thought it was.
From the moment I stroked NARS Pure Radiant across my face, I knew it was different.
The luxurious, oil-free formula obscures the appearance of lines, wrinkles, pores and other
imperfections while providing a translucent veil of broadspectrum sun protection. The buildable formula can be used as an alternative to foundation — on weekends, when a more casual look is desired, or in summer, when a lighter consistency is preferred — or in combination with Powder Foundation for those who want more coverage and added hydration. As a result, skin is soft and smooth to the touch. It looks natural and glowing. Almost bare, but better.
Like the description says, this is going to be my go to in the summer. It is such a welcome change from covering up with foundations. I am self-tanning, enjoying myself in sunny south Florida, and am wearing this daily.
I am using the color St. Moritz. It is described as the Medium, neutral undertone shade. It was a tad dark for my pale winter skin, but blending it out with my fingertips had it looking beautiful. If I were to choose again, for winter I would select Alaska, one shade lighter, only because if I use a powder over it, it darkens a bit more. As I mentioned, I am self-tanning though, and St.Mortiz is perfect.
All together, there are nine shades to choose from:
- Finland - Lightest with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Alaska - Light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- St. Moritz - Medium with a neutral yellow undertone
- Annapurna - Medium with a neutral peachy undertone
- Cuba - Medium with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Malaga - Medium dark with warm caramel undertones
- Seychelles - Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Martinique - Medium dark with warm red undertones
- Polynesia - Dark with warm chocolate undertones
For a look into the making of Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer and into the mind of its creator Francois Nars, check out this little Q & A.
1. How did you incorporate French Polynesia into the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++?
I love being at my home in French Polynesia, so I wanted to bring as much of the islands into this product as I could. The Galaxaura, for instance, is a mineral-rich, deep sea algae that grows in the warm tropical waters of the Polynesian islands’ tidal zones.
2. How is Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++ different from other tinted moisturizers?
It has a serum-like consistency and feel, which is really unique. We’ve also added anti-aging ingredients for
preventative measures greater than those found in just a simple moisturizer. And we’ve included more broad-spectrum sun protection than typical tinted moisturizers — SPF 30 versus the usual 20 or 15 — and PA+++, the highest index measurement of protection against UVA rays.
3. What kind of a finish does Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer give the skin?
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is super sheer and translucent. It just gives skin a beautiful, healthy glow. Like your natural skin, but brighter, fresher and healthier-looking than ever before.