press sample, bought by me, affiliate links
As I usually do, I have been doing a lot of beauty shopping lately. A lot of that beauty shopping has been at the drugstore.
I have been hitting up the beauty aisles in my local CVS and Walgreens and discovered so many new beauty products for spring. Of course, a lot of these beauty products have come home with me and I think there's a lot to love in the drugstore for the upcoming season.
Here's what to be on the lookout for when you are shopping the drugstore beauty aisles this spring.
There are some definite game-changers and must-haves in this bunch.
1. NYX Born to Glow Highlighting Palette - This is a super creamy powder highlighting palette, with a price higher than you may expect from the drugstore (it's $25). This one has six shades in completely different tones that have an array of uses. I like that this can be used an all skin colors from the lightest to darkest with good results.
2. COVERGIRL Vitalist Go Glow Luminizing Lotion - This lightweight moisturizer is infused with glowy pigments to give skin a gorgeous glow. It can be worn alone or under makeup. I layer Sunkissed beneath my regular CC cream.
3. Maybelline The Burgundy Bar Eye Palette - So this isn't on store shelves just yet, but it will be any day now and I'll be grabbing this neutral, warm-toned palette as soon as I see it. It's said to be a dupe of Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
5. e.l.f. Metal Matte Liquid Lipstick - Yes, metallic lips are HUGE this season and they aren't going away anytime soon. e.l.f has a small lineup of four shades and each of them is beautiful. Although I only bought two (Cool Rust and Rose Quartz) I could wear them all.
7. Simple Water Boost Hydrating Sheet Mask - I am a sucker for sheet masks and I am seeing more and more of them pop up at the drugstore. This new one from Simple immediately caught my eye and I applied it as soon as I got home and it's GOOD. After just fifteen minutes, my skin was super soft, smooth and re-hydrated. It's a real skin quencher.
8. Caress Shower Foam - I told you about this new great smelling foaming body cleanser a few weeks ago and YES, I am obsessed with it. It really is in my shower and I've already repurchased. Read my complete review here.
9. AVEENO Absolutely Ageless Pre-Tox Leave-On Day Mask Lotion - This mouth-full day lotion is one that seriously protects skin from the environment. With broad spectrum SPF 30 plus a host of antioxidants, this is a serious product with serious protection.
10. Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Micellar Towelettes - This new entry from Neutrogena uses Micellar water to purify the skin while it removes dirt, oil and makeup without stripping it. The Micellar water helps to preserve the skin's essential moisture barrier while it leaves it clean.
12. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Breathable 25HR Foundation - This foundation is no joke. It glides on beautifully and leaves skin with a beautiful, medium yet natural looking finish that LASTS. Skin doesn't feel heavy or look overly made up. It's another drugstore foundation win.
13. NYX Duo Chromatic Lip Gloss - These lightly tinted glosses add a ton of dimension to the lips. With an intense pearl finish and a lot of shine, these are great for accenting any other color or worn on their own for a subtle lip effect.
14. Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel-Cream - I think this is a first for Cetaphil, as I only remember them having cleanser and face lotion. I like this addition, though, because I am a firm believer in eye cream for everyone and the earlier you start the better.
15. COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Glow Highlighter - Offered in six luminous shades, this shimmering highlighter adds a gorgeous glow wherever you want it. I like the shade Moonbeam and use it on my browbone and cupids bow.
16. e.l.f. Primer Infused Blush - If you notice your blush fading throughout the day, this new blush innovation is for you. Infused with lock-on-primer powder for all-day wear, plus intense pigments, this blendable blush is pure perfection for the cheeks.
17. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Breathable 25HR Concealer - To go along with the new foundation (mentioned above) is this new concealer that lasts all day long. This covers undereye circles better than most other concealers I have tried from the drugstore and it blends flawlessly with the built-in sponge tip applicator. Once set in place, this concealer does not budge.
Does anything from the drugstore spark your interest?
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.