Today is National Lipstick Day! I bet you didn't know that, did you?
In 1923, the swivel tube lipstick was invented and has become something we take for granted. This wonderful thing we call lipstick that most of us so lovingly apply to our lips has become a daily staple in our lives. I have tried hundreds and hundreds - if not thousands of lipsticks over the years and definitely have my favorites. I am not even going to get into colors when talking about my favorite lipsticks because those change yearly and seasonally, but as I said, I have my favorites. Choosing my ten favorites is even hard, so I am going with my ten most used lipsticks -- as in brands. Any of these would be great for adding to your daily beauty routine.
All of these lipsticks have great pigment and wear well. They are comfortable on the lips and pass my stringent tests, or I wouldn't turn to them over and over again. These are my top 10 favorite lipsticks.
1. MAC Lipstick - With it's signature vanilla scent, I think I have more of these than any other. I love that these some in a variety of finishes too; Amplified, Amplified Creme, Cremesheen, Frost, Glaze, Luste, Matte, Retro Matte and Satin.
2. CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour - In a large array of gorgeously pigmented shades, this is a luxurious lipcolor that I turn to often.
3. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Balm - I love the nourishing formula and lip balm feel of this glossy looking lipstick that I wear quite often.
4. COVERGIRL Lipperfection Lipcolor - I like the highly pigmented shades and super hydrating formula of this lipstick and own so many of these lipcolor shades.
5. CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine - I love the luxurious balm like feel and the soft pretty finish I get when wearing these lipsticks.
6. Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour - This innovative gel lipcolour feels lightweight on the lips so it feels like I am wearing nothing except that it has the sweestest vanilla flavor. I love the long-lasting pretty color in a sheer, yet pigmented formula.
7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - High pigment in a smooth creamy finish is what I love about this formula that comes in some of the most innovative shades I have found in a line of lipsticks yet.
8. NARS Lipstick - With so many colors to choose from, a few different finishes and great pigments, I love the smooth even finish and long wear I always get from NARS.
9. MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense - Another great highly pigmented and long-lasting lipstick, there are 49 shades to choose from in this line-up. I like that even with the most intense shades, these never bleed out from the lips.
10. Dior Addict Lipstick - I just love the sheer shades (though there are more intense pigmented shades) and the formula has such a beautiful feel good finish that looks almost looks gloss-like.