There is a new trend in skin care and I like it because my skin is sort of a mess. You see, I've been super busy this summer and I've neglected my skin. Between spending a lot of time outdoors and letting my normal strict skin care regimen go by the wayside, my skin is not happy. This new trend? It's called muti-masking. Multi-masking is when you combine several different face masks at once to target specific areas on the face to get the results your skin needs. The end result is beautiful skin - what I definitely need.
I have a lot of different masks in my beauty closet and I have been experimenting with them on diffeent areas of my face. I will use one under my eyes, one on my neck, another on my forehead; they all have different properties such as hydrating, purifying, tightening, clarifying and so on. Take a look at the top masks that I have been using in my multi-masking regimen.
1. bliss multi-‘face’-eted All-in-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask - This clay mask is great for the t-zone as it unclogs pores but it also brightens and helps with fines lines and wrinkles so it can be used anywhere on the face.
2. SkinCeuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque - This is a sheet mask that is sort like a recovery treatment. I like to use this as a first step in my multi-masking routine before any of the other masks.
3. Talika Eye Therapy Patches - This is my favorite under-eye patch and I've used it for years for under-eye puffiness.
4. Erno Laszlo Hydra Therapy Skin Vitality Mask - This is really hydrating and firming so I like to use it where I am really dry and need a lift. You mix it up then apply which I usually do on my cheekbones, forehead and all over my neck.
5. Meaningful Beauty Deep Cleansing Masque - This mask deeply cleanses out pores as it firms the skin. It's great to use around oily areas like the nose and chin or on the forehead.
6. Masque Bar by Look Beauty Cucumber Sheet Mask - This sheet mask is designed to be used all over so I like to finish up my multi-masking routine with this one when I feel like my skin is really parched and in need of extra hydration.
7. StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask - Wherever you feel like you need extra brightening, then this is where you need to apply this mask. If you feel like you need all over brightening, then follow up your multi-masking routine with this mask because it really does leave the skin brighter looking.
8. By Terry Cellularose Hydradiance Mask - This luxurious mask is super hydrating and great for areas of the face that are dull. My skin drinks it in. In the winter, I apply it all over as a final mask too.
9. Proactiv+ Skin Purifying Mask - This mask is great for acne prone areas and the t-zone. I really like it for the corners of my nose where I have blackheads.
10. Masque Bar by Look Beauty Apricot Sheet Mask - This sheet mask is designed to be used all over and because it exfoliates, I like to use this before any other masks or as a first step in my multi-masking routine. I like that is hydrates as it exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling really fresh.
I'd love to hear what masks you use or which masks you would combine in your multi-masking regimen. Let me know in the comments.