With all of the new spring collections coming out this time of year, there is one product that I look at more than other and that is the lip products. You know I love a great lippie and I have more lip products than anything else in my vast makeup collection. There are a lot of great new lippies coming out this spring be it in the collections or as sole launches. From lipsticks, balms, glosses — just about everything you can think of in a range of shades from barely there to the bright and bold. I have cut through the clutter and searched for the bests of the best to bring you the top 10 new lippies for spring this year.
1. Mally Beauty H3 Lip Gloss - With triple the hydration of a normal lipgloss, this gloss seriously quenches the lips as it perfects your pout with gorgeous (or gorgois as Mally says) color. The gloss is super shiny and comes in six beautiful shades: Shimmering Nude and Pink Daisy are my faves. $20 at Ulta and QVC.
2. MAC Huggable Glass - The launched late last year when the Huggable lipsticks (my favorite) became permanent, but these are perfect for spring. These are super shiny glosses that hug lips and feel real creamy on. They are called dual-phase; I'm not sure what that means but it imparts a lot of color that lasts for hours. There are twelve shades in all with most of them lighter and a few brights. The perfect nude glosses are Kind Kiss and Sweet Persuasion. $20 at MAC Cosmetics and Macy's.
3. Milani Amore Matte Lip Créme - This brand new highly pigmented lip cream is a liquid-to-matte formula that dries down to a soft, velvety finish that's really unique. It actually makes look plump and full and the colors are absolutely rich and bold. In fact, there are 10 shades to choose from, ranging in nude, which is still quite bold, to very dark. $8.99 at drugstores and mass retailers like Walgreens and Target.
4. pixi by Petra Lip Contour Liner - With the younger generation wanting to over-line and make their lips fuller and more plump, us ladies over 40 are just wanting our lipstick to look perfect and not feather outside of the lines. This new lipliner is perfect for doing just that. This Invisible-Smudge-Stopper liner is moisturizing, non-feathering, smudgeproof and a line-filling treatment all in one. It is transparent so you can wear it with any shade too. $12 at pixibeauty.com and Target.
5. Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick - This new lipstick delivers a flawless matte finish without drying lips out so you get full-on color that doesn't cake or crack. I like how weightless the formula is; it glides on easily and leaves a velvety smooth finish. It seals in moisture too so it is really comfortable to wear as it lasts throughout the day. There are 12 shades that range from nude to rich. $9 at avon.com or through representatives.
6. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor - When looking for rich, true, long-lasting creamy matte lipcolor, take a look at this new one from Revlon. It's velvety smooth on the lips the colors are simply gorgeous. There are 8 shades to choose from with my favorites being HD Addiction, HD Flirtation and HD Seduction. $7.99 at drugstores and mass retailers like CVS, Walgreens, drugstore.com and Target.
7. COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm - This is like a really indulgent lip treatment that feels just like a lip balm on the lips with the bonus of added color. Made with ultra-rich ingredients that contains things like grapeseed oil, avocado butter and Vitamins C & E, lips feel completely hydrated and nourished with a hint of tint. There are ten pretty shades available. $7.99 at drugstores and mass retailers like drugstore.com, Target and Walgreens.
8. Honest Beauty Truly Kissable Lip Crayon - This lip crayon leaves lips with a wash of shiny color in gorgeous spring hues. Infused with nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter, it feels amazing on the lips. It lasts a good part of the day too. There are six easy-to-wear natural shades to choose from. My favorite is Sheer Petal Kiss. $18 at honestbeauty.com.
9. Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lipstick - The much anticipated collaboration continues with a collection of eight must-have lipsticks. I think all of them are musts as they range in color, pigment and texture. From a matte red, sheer and shimmery nude (I have to have this one) to a bold fuchsia that is SO Gwen, these are lippies that you know you can't go wrong with. $18 at urbandecay.com, Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta and select Macy's.
10. Clinique Pop™ Lacquer Lip Colour + Primer - I love a high-shine liquid lipcolor and that's what this one is with the bonus of it lasting for hours and hours. This is very shiny and very colorful as in full coverage in one coat yet it feels like nothing but hydration on the lips. It comes in six great shades. Check out Happy Pop for a perfect dose of bright coral for spring. $18 at clinique.com, and at Clinique counters in Macy's, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.