I can't wait to head to the beach. I'm actually on my way to my favorite white sandy beach in Florida tomorrow and I'm excited to feel the sand in my toes! My beach bag is stuffed. Of course it's filled with things like a big hat, flip flops, sunglasses, a towel, and my tablet. It's also filled with some beauty essentials. Check out the summer beach beauty essentials that I tote along with me.
1. Body Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a must. My favorite sunscreen for the beach is AVEENO Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50. I am vigilant about applying my sunscreen. I apply it 30 minutes before heading out into the sun and I reapply every few hours while at the beach or after I get out of the water.
2. Facial Sunscreen - I use a different sunscreen on my face than I use on my body. I've been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 and I love how it melts quickly into my skin and offers a high level of protection.
3. Moisturizer with SPF - I use this on my face first thing in the morning, obviously, but if I am going out later in the day and am going to be applying makeup, I touch up and add more. I like Kate Somerville Daily Deflector Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Anti-Aging Sunscreen.
4. Aloe - No matter how careful I am applying sunscreen, there is always a little spot that has a bit of sunburn (usually by the bathing suit line). Aloe is the best thing to soothe a burn. I pick up a generic brand from CVS and it does the trick to soothe my skin each and every time.
5. Body Lotion - The sun and salt can dry out the skin so I keep body lotion on hand. Because I don't like to carry around a huge bottle, I pump some Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (I really like the Sheer Hydration version) into a smaller travel size bottle and toss that into my beach bag.
6. Lip Balm with SPF - Lips are often neglected in the sun so I am careful. I apply a lip balm with sunscreen multiple times at the beach. I like Sun Bum Lip Balm that has an SPF 30. My favorite flavor is Coconut.
7. Bronzer - I want to look the part at the beach, so I sweep on some waterproof bronzer as the day goes on to at least look like I've got a little sun while enjoying my day. Tarte's Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer looks very natural and doesn't budge until I take it off.
8. Hydrating Face Spray - When I am feeling extra parched, I spritz on a bit of Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray to quench my skin.
9. Beachy Wave Hair Spray - Beachy waves don't happy naturally, they need help. As my hair starts to unwind in the wind, I spray on some TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Sea Salt Spray and scrunch my waves.
10. Waterproof Mascara - I wear mascara to the beach and sometimes need to reapply, especially if I'm heading to my favorite beach restaurant after. My favorite for the beach is COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara in the water resistant version.