I teased you with the news of the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette last week and now that I have it, I just had to show it off. This palette is nothing short of spectacular — every detail! From the case that truly represents Gwen's lifestyle to the shadow's themselves, it is a true collaboration between Gwen and the Urban Decay brand.
Gwen and Urban Decay spent hours together at Gwen's hours. They talked makeup and design; the palette is a true representation of Gwen.
The case and box are stunning! I love the gold and white stripes on the box and it makes it giftable for the holiday's. The case is sleek and heavy and it really surprised me. It feels very custom and is quite detailed. It features a black and white graphic dot print and has a antique gold plaque that features the UD | Gwen Stefani logo. It's very rich feeling.
Upon opening, the palette is filled with 15 must-have shades — all made with Urban Decay's great formula that are pigment last and very long-lasting. 12 of the shades are brand new and were created just for Gwen and three are from the UD shadow collection that Gwen handpicked. They are overall pretty neutral. If you look at Gwen, her eye looks are mostly neutral with a bold liner or pop of color, like you you see from the hot pink (Harajuku) or bold blue (Danger) which makes an amazing liner or crease color for a smoky look. I really love the shades and the names are really Gwen!
- Blonde (because Gwen is) - pale beige with pink iridescent shift
- Bathwater (a No Doubt song) - pale beige with gold pearl
- Skimp (a favorite of Gwen's from the UD line up) - pale nude satin
- Steady (after the No Doubt album "Rock Steady" - medium rose with metallic rose gold shift
- Punk (the music genre Gwen got started in) - reddish brown matte
- Baby (an homage to her fashion line L.A.M.B.) - cool metallic rose
- Anaheim (where Gwen grew up) - light taupe-brown matte
- Stark (another of Gwen's favorite shades) - nude-pink matte
- Zone (after the song "Danger Zone") - medium brown matte
- Serious (another of Gwen's songs) - smoky gray with iridescent floating pearl
- Pop (like her current music) - pale coral with iridescent sparkle
- Harajuku (one of her style influences) - metallic blue-pink with iridescent micro-shimmer
- Danger (because we like a little danger) - deep metallic royal blue with blue micro-sparkle
- 1987 (the year No Doubt formed) - bright metallic yellow-gold
- Blackout (Gwen's favorite black shade) - blackest black matte