I have been bursting at the seams to tell you about this must-have palette that is launching today from Urban Decay. We all know that the Urban Decay NAKED Palette is the best selling palette of all time. For those that want just the basics when it comes to a natural, or naked eye look, this one is it. Meet Urban Decay's NAKED Basics.
NAKED Basics is a six pan palette filled with six multi-purpose matte NAKED shades. These shades look great on everyone. They are richer than other mattes with Urban Decays newer formula. They are super smooth with a beautiful finish. Unlike a lot of matte shadows, these are not powdery or chalky at all. The shadow seems to adhere to the eye and simply looks luxe.
The palette itself is just a tad smaller than my iPhone5, making it perfectly portable, though there is no skimping on the shadow sizes. They are each full sized, .05 oz.. The case itself has a light satin finish, but it feels almost like a rubber/suede texture - sort of like my favorite iPhone cases. It is easy to hold in one hand and offers that slight grip with the special finish, so it will not be easily dropped. It also has a full size mirror so touch ups on the go are a breeze.
- Venus - Soft, off-white demi-matte. Demi-matte means it has the softest satin look to it. It is the perfect highlighting shade. I use it all over my lid all the way up to my brow bone as a base color.
- Foxy - Very light yellow, beige matte. This is nice on the lid.
- Walk of Shame - Very light pinky nude matte. This is one of my favorite new shades that is in two of my UD Create Your Own Palettes. I use this over Venus right at the inner corners of my eyes and directly beneath my brow arch for a barely there pink highlight.
- Naked2 - Rosy taupe matte. This shade is my go to for an all over lid shade. It offers just the right amount of taupe to the lid, while looking very natural.
- Faint - Warm, dusty brown matte. This colors is perfect in the outer corner "v" or used in the crease. It is also nice as a very natural eyeliner.
- Crave - Deepest, darkest brown/black matte. This finishes the eye as a bold liner or crease shade. When blended well, it is beautiful in the crease. I use it most as a powder eyeliner. It is easy to work with and stays in place. It is easily softened with a sweep of Venus over it.
Urban Decay NAKED Basics retails for $27.00 and is available, beginning today from Sephora, ULTA and select Macy's stores. Or online at urbandecay.com, Sephora.com, ulta.com, macys.com, and beauty.com.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.