Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier, created the look for one of last nights Emmy Award winners Claire Danes.
Matin describes his inspiration for Claire’s look as a “casual nod to old Hollywood glamour.”
EYES: Claire’s smoky, seductive eyes were the focal point of the look.
• Matin used Laura Mercier Eye Pencil in Extreme Black ($20) to define Claire’s eyes.
• He then heavily lined her eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold ($20). The pencil’s golden base colour complemented the star’s electric yellow dress.
• Matin completed the dramatic look by applying Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) and Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice ($22) to Claire’s lids.
LIPS: Nude lips modernized the glamorous look.
• Matin layered Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline ($20) and Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($26) to achieve Claire’s soft, matte lip colour.
FACE: Matin chose to enhance the expecting star’s natural glow and created a “healthy flush using bright pink blush.”
• To achieve a flawless face, Matin first applied Laura Mercier Moisture Suprême Foundation in Sunny Beige ($43).
• He then covered imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 ($30).
• Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($22) was then heavily applied to Claire’s cheeks.
• The look was set with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($34).