Makeup Artist Beau Nelson did the makeup for Nicole Richie for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards.
Beau let Nicole’s embroidered pale blue Naeem Khan gown inspire her ethereal yet bold makeup look; metallic pale blue eye shadow and navy eyeliner, a bronzed glow and nudish/pink lips. Nelson wanted Richie’s makeup to reflect her style evolution - opting for a mature, retro glamour with bold color that is echoed in her own fashion and accessories lines. Beau described Nicole as having the personality and the look to “never let the makeup wear her.” All makeup was from Elizabeth Arden.
Step 1: Prep the face with Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Optimizing Skin Serum ($49.50) and lips with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant ($19.50) to allow for a more even makeup application
Step 2: Apply Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup in Toasty Beige ($36.50) on the face and under the eyes and tap in with the fingers to create a more natural, air-brushed look
Step 3: Dab the Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Brow Shaper & Eyeliner in Soft Blonde ($22) in the eyebrows to add subtle definition and in the crease of the eye to add depth
Step 4: Apply the Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Single in Sky ($18.50) over the eyelid with a flat eye shadow brush; press into the eyelid to get the boldest blue color and max coverage
Step 5: Compliment the blue shadow with the Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil in Midnight ($18) to line top and bottom lash lines; smudge slightly
Step 6: Curl lashes and apply two coats of Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Black Mascara ($19.50). Saturate the base of the lashes with the most color to allow the ends to be feathery and natural looking.
Step 7: Sweep Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Bronzing Powder Duo ($34) over the face in a “reverse 3” motion – start at the forehead, move to the bottom of the cheekbone and down toward the jawline. Use a smaller brush to dab the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush in Nectar ($24) slightly under the cheekbone and blend outwards.
Step 8: Apply the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Cameo ($22.50) with the fingers; dab for a natural, full-lipped look.
Here’s how Suave Professionals® Stylist, Jenny Cho, created Nicole Richie’s red carpet hair:
1. Wash hair with New Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, and then blow dry hair using a large paddle brush.
2. Part hair on the side and begin curling with a one-inch barrel curling iron. Be sure to hold the curling barrel horizontal to the head.
3. After curling each section, use bobby pins to hold in place.
4. Blast hair all over with a hot dryer for 1-2 minutes to help set the curls.
5. Remove the bobby pins, lightly brush the hair to soften curls and finish with Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Super Hold Hairspray.
6. Place 1-2 drops of the New Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in palms and rub hands together. Avoiding the roots, gently run hands over the surface of the hair to add a radiant shine.
7. Place the Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in your clutch for touchups on the go.
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!