If you are anything at all like me and have been suffering from dry, chapped, peeling lips on and off this winter, I am here to rescue you. Well, I am here to help rescue your dry lips with some lip balm discoveries. I have been using some of my old standby's and adding some new lip remedies to solve my lip problems to get rid of my dry lips once and for all.
The key to getting rid of chapped lips is to be consistent with your lip balm use. I use lip balm every morning as soon as I wake up (I keep a few lip balm right in my nightstand) and I also apply lip balm before lipstick in the winter. This is especially helpful under some of the drying, matte lip colors that are so popular right now. I keep a few balms in my handbag and apply when my lips feel dry. Tinted lip balms are great to use during the day. I also apply a really thick lip balm right before bed — I'll share which one below. I also use a lip exfoliant at least once a week to help rid my lips of the dry flakes and keep my lips extra soft and smooth. See this post on which lip exfoliants are best to try.
Here are my 10 favorite lip balms to rescue dry lips this winter.
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - I've used this for years and it's pretty much a classic. I have the Sugar, untinted version in my nightstand, but I keep a few of the tinted shades in my handbag to apply throughout the day as well.
2. Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm - I have this lip balm in Vanilla Bean (I think it was a limited edition version for the holiday's) stashed all over! I have one on my desk, in my desk drawer, in my coat pocket, in my car, in my handbag and in my nightstand as well. I love the flavor! This is the lip balm that I apply under lipstick as it is not overly waxy yet moisturizing enough to keep lips hydrated. It will not interfere with lipstick color and it really doesn't change the pigmentation of it either.
3. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask - This lip balm is what I apply before going to bed and there is nothing as thick or nourishing for lips. If you need to remedy dry lips fast, this lip mask will do it. It has a soothing blend of ingredients that immediately work. Try the new Rose Gold Pearl colored Agave Lip Mask Champagne in the day for a hint of pretty color.
4. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm - I've used this lip balm for a few years as it's really thick, hydrating and helps to heal chapped lips fast. This comes in a few different flavors/scents so you able to be selective, which is nice. The original natural mint is pretty intense!
5. Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm - So this is the most expensive lip balm that I've ever used. I was sent one to try last year and I have repurchased another because it is SO worth it. It is not only a luxurious lip balm, this is a lip treatment as it contains Pro-Xylane along with Vitamin E which helps to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. I really think it has helped. I apply this every night as part of my night time skin care routine. I only use a very small amount. It has a salve-like feel that is very hydrating as well. If I am going to bed immediately, I will use this as my final lip balm, but if I am completing my nighttime skin ritual a few hours before bed, then I will still apply the Agave Lip Mask right before bed.
6. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuacu Lip Butter - I am obsessed with the sweet Brazilian caramel scent of this lip balm — it tastes and smells SO good. This is a new lip balm that is described as a butter, which pretty much describes the feel. It is so buttery soft as it applies over the lips. This is made with a blend of cupuaçu, açaí, and coconut oil to drench lips in moisture and keep them soft and smooth.
7. Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve - This classic lip balm is one of my stand-bys that I have used for years. It has a light tint to it and it soothes my chapped lips and has been a longtime favorite that is always in my handbag and nightstand. If you're not a fan of the tin, there is a tube version available as well.
8. Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect - This is another one of the lip balms that I have used for as long as I can remember. It is thick and nourishing and gets rid of dry lips fast. I like the protect version of this lip balm as it contains broad spectrum SPF 30, which I think is often overlooked in a lip product.
9. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy - This soothing lip treatment moisturizes and soothes dry, chapped lips quicks. It is also a protectant so it will protect lips from elements like wind and cold. This one is great for using on the lips when doing outdoor winter activities. I often use this over a lipstick.
10. Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Stick - This lip treatment is both hydrating and softening and it does both as you instantly apply it onto lips. It used mandarin oil at the heart of the formula to soothe and heal dry, chapped lips. This comes in an untinted stick as well as a few sheer, tints.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.