I am often asked what I personally use for my makeup on an everyday basis to get my flawless look. I'm pretty proud that I get compliments on my flawless skin. Note, that I get compliments on my "look" or "skin" and never my makeup. I am not overly made-up. I am going to be 49 years old next week and I don't wear a ton of makeup or look overly done. I have found the makeup products that work well on skin that is going through hormonal changes and dare I say it... aging!
1. NARS Pro-Prime™ Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - I always start with a clean face and a makeup primer and I like this one best. Not only does it contain an additional sunscreen which you can never have enough of, but it contains a bit of pearl, or radiance to it that gives skin a lit from within glow before putting on makeup.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid - I don't really have dark circles underneath my eyes, but I do have a bit of redness from using eyelash conditioners and allergies. I use this great, creamy color correcting fluid in the mint green shade and simply use it as a regular under-eye concealer and blend out directly beneath my eyes. I also sometimes use the yellow shade to counteract dullness if I am looking really tired. To learn more about color-correctors and which shade would be good for you, read my post here.
3. BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector - I have some age spots and I blend them out with this peach color corrector. This is a thicker product, so I blend it out on the back of my hand and apply it with a concealer brush and apply it right on the spot and areas of concern until I cannot see it. I do see a peach tint, but it blends away when I apply foundation.
4. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC Cream with SPF 50+ - This is my foundation for everyday and I use it probably 300+ days a year (I use the one below for events and special occasions). Ask most beauty bloggers their opinion on this CC Cream and they love it. It is highly recommend in everyone makeup group I am in and everyone that I know in my personal life uses this CC Cream and loves this as well. It is my holy grail. I never thought I would say that about a product but I cant live without it. It is that good. This CC Cream is medium coverage but can be built up to full coverage. It is much more than what you think. Sure, it offers all the great things a CC Cream does like anti-aging benefits of a serum plus the SPF of 50 and the coverage of a foundation, it just gives skin that beautiful glow. It lasts all day long too. I apply it with the brands Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush #7 and I highly recommend it for an airbrush finish. I dot the product on my forehead, two dots on my cheeks and on my chin then buff in. The look is flawless. I use the medium shade in the winter, mix the medium and dark shades in between seasons, and I use the dark shade in the summer when I am self-tanning. I find that the shades are much lighter than you would expect. Bottom line: if you are searching for a new foundation or unhappy with your, TRY THIS!
5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - This is my foundation of choice for special events. It adds more coverage than IT Cosmetics YSBB CC Cream and is a bit more matte, though still leaves skin with a a bit of a glow. It is definitely a foundation vs. a CC Cream. When I want a full makeup look, this is my go-to. I apply this foundation with the beautyblender sponge.
6. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye® Anti-Aging Concealer - I use a bit of this concealer under my eyes for brightening and to further conceal. This is quite thick so I only need a very small amount and I apply it to the back of my hand to warm it up and thin it out. I apply it with the IT Brushes for ULTA Airbrush Blurring Concealer Brush #103 for a beautiful finish. I use the medium shade.
7. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - I use this concealer as a highlighter of sorts. I dot a few dots on the high planes of my cheekbones, the center of my forehead, and middle of my chin and blend. I also use the same IT Cosmetics concealer brush. I take whatever is left on the brush and swipe it down the center of my nose when I am finished.
8. Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish Powder - This setting powder (made with real diamonds) leaves my skin with the softest, most beautiful glow and airbrushed look. I am always afraid to look too glowy as those type of powders or products will accentuate fine lines and wrinkles, but this powder seems to glide right over them or make them disappear with its patented diamond complex that simply makes my skin look flawless. I need only a tiny bit and apply it with a large fluffy brush.
9. IT Cosmetics CC+® Radiance Palette - Yes, I am quite obsessed with IT Cosmetics. The brand knows aging skin! I love this palette for everyday. While i often use this palette for contouring, I use this IT Radiance Palette for my everyday look. It's so simple with the perfect shade of bronzer, blush and highlighter. These shades glide onto my skin without settling into my lines and last all day.
10. IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation - I don't use this everyday, but I use this when I need to matte my look if I am looking too glowy in the heat or as a pressed powder to touch up during the day or if I'm going out at night. I will use this with a large fluffy brush, the same one that I use with Diamond Perfect Finish (I have a few of those brushes on hand) and apply it over my makeup or just in spots where I need it. I also find that this powder is much lighter than you'd think. I use the shade tan.
It may seem like a lot of steps (and products!) but I can do my entire face in five minutes or less. With the right products and tools, a flawless face really is simple. Let the tools do the work.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.