My beach bag is stuffed. Not only do I fill it with a big hat, flip flops, sunglasses, a towel, and stack of great magazines, I fill it with some beauty products too. I like to keep cool and comfortable at the beach and depend on a variety of beauties to get me through. Take a look at the top 10 beauty items that I carry in my beach bag.
1. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a must. My favorite is L’Oréal Paris Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 50+ Lotion. Remember to apply 30 minutes before heading out into the sun and reapply every few hour or after going in the water.
2. Self-Tanner - Yes! I bring self-tanner to the beach. It is the only way to get a safe tan and I want to look like I went to the beach before I head home. I usually just apply it to my legs and face before I head home. I bring a mitt for applying it to my legs and with a makeup sponge on my face.
3. Bronzer - Like I mentioned above, I want to look the part at the beach. I sweep it on over my sunscreen and reapply if I take a dip in the water.
4. Moisturizer with SPF - I use this on my face first thing in the morning, obviously, but I reapply as needed. I do have my favorites and you'll have to check back later this week to see my list.
5. Body Lotion - Susncreen, sun and salt can dry out the skin. I like to keep one ion hand, just in case
See also: Beach Beauty Essentials
6. Aloe - No matter how careful you are, you can wind up getting burned. I spent some time at the beach during the recent heat wave and stayed in the water the entire time. Even with sunscreen, I got a little burn. Aloe is the best thing to soothe a burn. I pick up a generic brand from CVS and it does the trick to soothe my skin each and every time.
7. Hydrating Face Spray - When I am feeling extra parched, I spritz on a bit of Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray to quench my skin.
8. Beachy Wave Hair Spray - Beachy waves don't happy naturally, they need help. As my hair starts to unwind in the wind. I spray on some L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Beach Spray or Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and scrunch.
9. Lip Balm with SPF - Lips are often neglected in the sun, and I apply a lip balm with sunscreen multiple times at the beach. I like Sun Bum Lip Balm that has an SPF30. My favorite flavor? Coconut!
10. Waterproof Mascara - I do; I wear mascara to the beach and sometimes need to reapply, especially if I'm heading to my favorite beach restaurant after. My latest fave is COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara in the water resistant version.