With just a few brushes of bronzer swept across your skin, your entire look can be changed with the look of summer, sun and a warm glow. Bronzer really is super easy to use and the best part is that you can control how much you apply. If you want your skin to take on a look of overall warmth, simply dust it over the apples of your cheeks and brush upwards. If you want to look like you've spent the day out in the sun, apply bronzer with a brush just where the sun would hit you — your cheekbones, nose, center of your forehead and your chin. It's easy to do this by taking your brush and sweeping it into a 3 over your forehead, cheeks and chin or backwards 3 (think about it). If you want to look like you have a great tan, dust bronzer on like you would a powder, but lightly all over your face.
While I use bronzer every day to warm up my skintone, I use more bronzer in the summer to give my skin a sun-kissed look. I depend on different bronzers to give me a differnt look, depending on the rest of my makeup or occassion. These are my top 10 bronzer picks for summer.
1. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer - I love this new silky powder bronzer for how it warms up the skin in two new shades. It leaves such a perfect bronzed glow that radiates the look of the real sun — never fake. Choose from Sun-Kissed for more fair skins or Bronzed for medium or darker skin tones. Buy Beached Bronzer for $28 from urbandecay.com, Sephora, Macy's or Nordstrom.
2. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder - The originator of powder bronzer always has a new entry for the season and this year they have branded it the Guerlain Terracotta 2016 Original Bronzing Powder and there is no bronzer that will replicate the look of sun on the cheeks better than this. With ultra-fine pigments and varying shades, it gives skin such a perfect, natural glow. This one comes in seven shades for a variety of skintones. Buy it for $53 from Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue.
3. Laura Mercier Bronzed Butter Face & Body Veil - This creamy, luminous bronzer is like a highlighter + bronzer in one. It is super glowy and adds a ton of radiant bronze to the skin. If you want the "J Lo Glow", this is the bronzer for you. I like it for highlighting the décolletage, and legs. Buy it for $50 from lauramercier.com, Nordstrom or Sephora.
4. NARS Laguna Tiare Bronzer - NARS best-selling bronzer Laguna, that is pretty perfect for all skintones, is back in new packaging and is scented in this version. The brand took their popular Monoi fragrance and infused it into the bronzer and the aura is intoxicating and perfect for summer. Buy it for $59 at NARS Cosmetics, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales or Sephora.
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Bronze - I love Bobbi's Shimmer Bricks for how they can add dimension and color with just one swipe of the brush and the Shimmer Brick Bronze is perfect for doing that for bronze. In fact, Shimmer Brick Bronze is Bobbi Brown's original Shimmer Brick that started it all. I love how this one imparts a beautiful shimmery deep bronze to the cheeks and skin. It's perfect for summer over a tan. Buy it for $46 at bobbibrown.com, Nordstrom, Macy's and Sephora.
6. Clinique Sun-Kissed Face Gelee - This brand new face gel is a complexion enhancer that leaves skin with a beautiful all-over bronzed glow. It seems to blur imperfections as it adds a bit of bronze to the skin too. I like to apply it with my fingertips just to the apples of my cheeks and then blend it outward for a natural looking sun-kissed radiance. Buy it for $26.50 at clinique.com and Sephora.
7. COVERGIRL TruBlend Bronzer - This beautiful baked bronzer leaves a soft, luminous natural looking glow to the skin. The pigments are baked, making them very long-lasting ad real looking. I love how they warm up the skin making it great for an everyday summer look. Buy it for around $9.99 at your favorite drugstore or mass retailer like drugstore.com or Walgreens.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer - I've been a longtime fan of Tarte's waterproof bronzer. Not only is this a super long-wearing and waterproof bronzer (a must in the summer with heat, humidity and pool/ocean activities), the Park Ave Princess matte shade is so unbelievably real looking on most skintones that you can fake a true tan with this one. I like to apply it with a large bronzer brush. and sweep it all over in a 3 (or backwards 3) motion. Buy it for $30 at tartecosmetics.com, Sephora or Macy's.
9. IT Cosmetics Vitality Anti-Aging Matte Bronzer - This large matte bronzer leaves skin with a beautiful true bronzed radiance with airbrush finish. I also like how true to a real bronzed look this one is. If you suffer or worry about fine lines and wrinkles, this bronzer is for you as it seems to float above lines and never settles into them. Buy it for $34 at itcosmetics.com, beauty.com or QVC.
10. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer - This powder bronzer is super luxurious with its subtle golden radiance and silky feel. It sweeps on like silk and absorbs oil as you apply. This bronzer comes in three shades to suit different skin tones. Buy it for $37 at esteelauder.com, Nordstrom, Sephora or Neiman Marcus.